Skip to main content

Utah


    I think I'm finally recovered from all thy camping and hiking I did this week. After Grand Teton I headed to Utah for about 24 hours. I was not a fan of the downtown area. It occurred to me that I don't think I'm a fan of any downtown area. I've become accustomed to no traffic, beautiful views and friendly people. Big cities are not something I want in my life anymore. Should be interesting being home for a few weeks before taking off again.

   I went and saw the Great Salt Lake. I only put my feet in so I didn't get the whole float experience, but it was still cool. I also saw the Capital Building and went to the Pioneer museum across the street. There was a lot of cool stuff to see in there and there was no entry fee. Went to the free sculpture park as well. It was small but definitely worth checking out. 


    After working and being a tourist all day I decided to camp in a quiet spot in the mountains before heading back to Colorado. It was peaceful and didn't rain for once. 


    Today is Tour de Fat in Fort Collins which is a huge deal. I am going to be responsible and work and avoid all that. I'm saving my energy for camping and Jamestown Revival at the Mish followed by four nights of Phish and then driving to New Mexico on Labor Day. Day drinking with my crew sounds like an awful idea for the day. Hahahaha

   Happy birthday mom 🥳🎂💕

Much love ❤️ 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready to Rock!

    I cruised into Chicago last Thursday with pretty much no brakes. Went straight to my girls house and partied a little too hard with some of my favorite people and then woke up super hungover ready to deal with the car issues.      It's been one problem after another with that car and finally yesterday one of my mechanic friends told me it was time to drive it off a cliff. So after a couple of days in my mom's basement (the irony wasn't lost on me) today I'm ready to go west with a new ride. So very thankful for all the help I've received this week.      Tonight I'm headed to Stockton again to finally get some good loving and Thursday or Friday I will head to South Dakota.      Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th Much love ❤️ 

Rage. Rest. Repeat.

Landed in Boston super late on Friday and took an uber to some friends. We partied until the Sun came up and didn't really rest. We were supposed to go to the Lotus show last night but it was 2 hours away and we recognized that after the night we had it wouldn't be wise to make that drive. So we went and hung out with more people and stayed up too late again.  Finally got a good night's sleep. Got woken up to coffee in a really cool cup and now we're going to find breakfast and go hiking. I'm in Connecticut and it's beautiful. Can't wait to explore more. Tomorrow I'll be back exploring Boston and then I fly out super early on Tuesday morning.  Much love ❤️ 

Sorry mom, I'm drunk

When I decided to start documenting my summer, I vowed to not do it while drinking. But here we are... I got into Chicago around 11am today. It was nice to make a bunch of money, it was definitely needed. I'm staying with my favorite Brit and met him at the bar across from his place around 5pm. We ate, drank and laughed entirely too much.  Brisket tacos with goat cheese I asked them to please put on the Cubs game and was told that the Ricketts are making it very difficult for bars to show the games so I had to settle for all the Boston sports and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Red Sox were winning when I left, Celtics won and Vegas was up by one, incase you needed to know.  The Brit and I laughed and laughed. My favorite things that came out of his mouth tonight were, "Jenn, you are irresistibly attracted to poor people" and "Keep making terrible decisions, I enjoy it" With friends like this... lol. He's been in a very long term relationsh